Boiler Services in Edmonton
If your boiler needs service in Edmonton, you can count on Sanford to do the job and do it right the first time. For the past 15 years, we have been providing our customers with reliable boiler expertise and service. Although boilers are typically very efficient, durable machines, all boilers, no matter the type, eventually require some sort of annual maintenance, repair or even replacement performed by a licensed professional in order to ensure a high level of performance. Our techs are well versed in all boiler makes and models so you can rest easy knowing your tune-up, repair and/or installation will be performed correctly the very first time.
Why You Should Consider Boiler Services with ProSolutions
A solid, reliable boiler is something most homeowners take for granted…until it breaks down that is. Fortunately, boilers really are some of the sturdiest examples of HVAC equipment out there so there are often plenty of warning signs that your boiler needs attention. Here are some good reasons to get your boiler serviced, repaired or even replaced:
- Reliability – Boilers typically become less reliable with age, and need to be repaired on a more regular basis. In many cases, the older the boiler, the harder it can be to find spare parts – thus adding to the cost of repairs.
- Efficiency – Today’s advanced efficiency models can be up to 35 percent more efficient than older boilers. This will lead to much lower heating costs in the long term. In fact, an advanced system can pay for itself in as little as two years based on the money saved in fuel costs.
- Safety – Regardless of their age, boilers are very safe appliances. But if an older boiler does not receive a fresh supply of combustion air, that could pose a health hazard. On the other hand, these risks are largely eliminated with a more advanced boiler, because all of its equipment is enclosed within its cabinet.
Improving Efficiency through Regular Maintenance
Boilers that are not properly maintained can suffer performance-wise, leading to higher energy bills due to wasted energy. You could potentially save 10% on your bills – hundreds of dollars per year – through minor adjustments performed on your boiler system.
Monitoring Critical Controls
Your safety valves and water gauge glass are two of the most important components of your boiler system that need to be checked regularly. Your safety valves, as the name would indicate, are your boiler’s most important safety feature because it alleviates pressure if all other systems fail. Every steam and hot-water boiler must have at least one valve that provides sufficient relieving capacity in order to meet or exceed maximum boiler output.
If the water gauge glass is not properly cleaned and maintained, it will seem to show an appropriate water level when the boiler is actually low on water.
ProSolutions Annual Boiler Maintenance Program:
- Making sure the gauges are accurate
- Checking the pressure of your expansion tank
- Making sure all safety devices (pressure relief valves, pressure and temperature controls, low water-sensing devices, etc.) are functioning properly
- Checking the fuel system for leaks, controls and proper operation
- Checking the combustion system for signs of overheating and exhaust leaks
- Checking the heating system for zone balancing, uneven heating and leaks
- Making sure the circulator pump runs quietly
- Making sure the water inside the system is clean
At ProSolutions Plumbing,Heating and Air Conditioning, we have been Edmonton’s most trusted home improvement specialists for the past 15 years. We provide expert personalized client and equipment care–from regular maintenance to emergency service and repairs to brand new installs. We take pride in our team of dedicated, experienced and highly trained service professionals.
Call ProSolutions today for a custom tailored solution built to work for your home and your wallet.