Eliminate Hard Water in Edmonton with a Water Softener Systems
Hard water contains large amounts of calcium and magnesium – hard water causes mineral build-up in water heaters, pipes, dishwashers, and showerheads. These “hard” minerals cause spots on your dishes and glasses, damage home appliances over time, and leave your hair and skin feeling dry and itchy.
Water hardness is measured with five different classifications and can be expressed in mg/litre or parts per million (ppm) or grains per gallon (gpg):
Benefits of Using a Water Softener
- Save up to 29% on your water heating bills.
- Save up to 75% on soaps, shampoos, cleansers, and detergents. Soap and detergent usage can be dramatically lowered with soft water.
- Easier to clean kitchen sinks, stainless steel appliances, bathtubs, taps, showers, and shower doors.
- Softer, smoother skin and hair.
- Brighter, softer, cleaner clothes.
- Sparkling clean dishes. Spot-free!
- Reduced scale build-up in plumbing systems and appliances, allowing them to operate more efficiently and extend their life.
- In addition, they also protect your appliances, fixtures, and pipelines; in short, they protect your biggest investment – your beloved house!
Did You Know?
A large proportion of the ingredients in most soaps and detergents consist of chemical “water softeners”, added to prevent the reaction between the detergent and the hard minerals present in most water (the reaction that forms a sticky residue or soap curd). Since, such chemicals are not necessary for cleaning with soft water, far less soap is required. Soft water households experience considerable savings on laundry soap, dishwashing detergent, hand soap and cleaning products. Best of all, a reduction in cleaning products is great for the environment.