Your hot water heater is one of the most useful appliances in your home. Every time you shower, wash the dishes, or throw in a load of laundry, you’re using hot water. If your hot water were to suddenly run out when you need it most, it can be a major inconvenience. If your hot water heater has been acting up, you shouldn’t hesitate to call the professionals at ProSolutions. Routine maintenance is key in a long life for your appliances. However, there are a few things that you can do in between services:
Use Less Water
This is the most obvious way to save money. People use a great amount hot water when they shower. By tweaking your shower habits a little, you can save a good amount of money. Try taking warm showers instead of cranking the heat all the time. You can also use cold water to wash your clothes. Not only does it help to preserve your clothing, so they last longer – it cleans just as well as hot water!
Turn Down the Temperature
Your hot water stays the same temperature 24/7. That means that the water is constantly hot and ready to be delivered to you through your pipes. As you can probably imagine, this requires a lot of energy. By turning down the set temperature on your water heater, you can save. This cuts energy usage drastically and can help you save on your utilities. If you’re unsure about how to go about setting the temperature, as a professional for assistance.
Switch it Off When Appropriate
If you’re going on a trip or you know that you will be away from your home for a lengthy period of time, its perfectly find to switch off your water heater. Most models only take an hour to reheat after cooling completely, so be sure to give it time before hopping into the shower. If you’re not around to use the hot water, why should it have to stay hot?
Your tank should be insulated! Any tank that isn’t can suffer massive heat loss which is a major waste of energy. Insulation is inexpensive and can save you on your utilities. Try touching your tank – if it’s warm to the touch it means you’re losing heat.
Set a Timer
Programmable timers on electric models can shut the heat off when you don’t need it. You don’t need hot water while you’re asleep in bed or away at work for the day. Again, it’s important to remember that it does take a while to heat back up. Just be sure that your timing is thought out and you won’t even notice that its off!
Invest in a Newer Model
Most hot water heaters have a lifespan of 8-12 years. With the modern technology of the past few years, it’s almost guaranteed that your older model is outdated. It may seem like it’s working perfectly, but all models lose efficiency as they age. An inefficient machine requires more energy to operate, which can put a dent in your wallet when its time to pay your utilities. Investing in a new machine will save you money in the long run, so call ProSolutions if you have any questions about selecting a replace
Why Choose ProSolutions For Water Heater Repair and Replacement?
When you choose ProSolutions for your water heater needs, you have access to the following benefits:
- Same Day Emergency Service: Call us before 11:00 and we’ll have someone out to your home today to install your new hot water tank.
- Up-Front Pricing: With ProSolutions we will provide you with an upfront, fair and reasonable price before we start work. Our technicians will explain to you all available options and give you ONE price regardless of how long it takes us to complete the job.
- Apple-to-Apples Guarantee: If you find a better price from a reputable competitor we’ll match it and beat it by 10%*
- Prove, Trusted, and Reviewed by Other Edmonton Homeowners: We have dozens of local five-star reviews you can read from REAL clients just like you.
- Local Experience: For more than 25 years our plumbers have been working in the Edmonton area delivering exceptional service to local area homeowners and businesses.