10 Money Saving Heating Maintenance Tips
Heating maintenance should be your top priority as we head into the coldest season of the year. We will see the blisteringly cold weather in Edmonton over the next few months, and you need to make sure your home is fully prepared. However, as urgent and necessary as heat may be during the season, you need to watch out for the biggest danger of all: heating bills. Even if you need to heat your home, you may not be too overjoyed when you see the cost of your next heating bill. This proves a challenge for many homeowners each year—how can they balance effectiveness with efficiency? High heating costs are usually due to a lack of knowledge on the homeowner’s part. Some homeowners refuse to turn down the temperature on their thermostat, others refuse to replace furnace filters on a regular basis. What they don’t realize is that these things will cost them heavily down the line, even if they only appear to be minor. You may even feel like you have to prepare yourself for another season of increased spending on bills. However, there is a way to change your home’s heating for the better this season and all it may take is a few simple steps to do just that.
Why You Should Call ProSolutions for Service
At ProSolutions, we know better than any other heating service company just how important it can be to have a steady flow of heat in your home. That’s why our team of heating technicians will be ready at any point of the season. Even if your furnace breaks down in the middle of the night, you can expect to be there as soon as possible to provide emergency heating repairs. We will also be able to provide high-quality heating maintenance to ensure you will go without worrying about the cost of heating bills. Just by taking a quick look at your heating system, any lingering problems will be repaired and stopped from growing much worse. And perhaps most importantly, our experienced technicians will provide you with greater insight into the inner workings of your heating system. Once you know more about your furnace, you will be able to avoid any mistakes or inefficient heating methods in the future, ensuring a warmer, stress-free home for all.
10 Helpful Heating Maintenance Tips
If you expect to receive effective and efficient heating in your home this season, please follow these 10 maintenance tips:
- Decrease Thermostat Temperature: Lowering the thermostat down to 68 degrees will help you save more money on heating bills since it will not force the furnace to expend as much energy in producing heat.
- Decrease Water Heater Temperature: In a similar vein to your heating system, you can decrease your water heater temperature to both keep the water from expending more energy to heat up water and prevent water from verging on scalding. Not only will you increase efficiency, but doing this may prolong the life of your water heater, and prevent you from paying for a water heater replacement sooner than you’d like.
- Seal up Air Leaks: Air leaks are one of the most common causes of heating loss during the winter. Inspect the home before the season begins to ensure attics, basements, and crawl spaces are free of leaks. For any cracks, holes, or gaps you do see, seal them up with heat tape to keep warmth in your home.
- Use sunlight: When it’s sunny outside, you can save money by opening the curtains in your home and allowing it inside for free heat. You won’t even have to rely on your furnace as much as you anticipated!
- Change the filters: Your furnace filters should be changed once a month during the fall and winter to ensure airflow continues uninterrupted. This will also prevent the furnace from working so hard to produce warm air.
- Consider a programmable thermostat: Please speak to your local heating contractor about upgrading to a programmable thermostat. This will give you greater control over the heat in your home, ensuring warmth isn’t going to rooms currently not in use.
- Consider investing in a humidifier: When the air is too dry during the winter, it can have an impact on the indoor air in your home as well. By having a humidifier in your home, you can keep the temperature a little bit lower, have moister air that feels warm enough to keep your comfortable and improve the air quality in your home.
- Insulate your home: If you don’t have enough insulation in between the walls in your home, you may risk losing plenty of heat to the cold, outdoor air. Though it may have an upfront installation cost, insulating your home a bit more will go a long way in saving you long-term money on bills.
- Invest in zoning systems: Modern furnaces are now equipped with zoning capabilities, which divide your home into zones and give heat only to the areas needing it the most. You will experience greater comfort without heat going to the rooms that don’t need it.
- Call ProSolutions for a furnace tune-up: An annual furnace tune-up from ProSolutions will ensure you stay warm over the next 12 months. One of our contractors can carefully inspect your system to ensure even the smallest problems are fixed.
Schedule A Heating Maintenance Service To Ensure Your Home Keeps You Warm Throughout The Colder Months Of The Year
Contact ProSolutions today if you want to stay warm and comfortable this season with highly effective heating maintenance!