Leaks can happen in your home at any time. Sometimes they occur without warning and other times they show signs ahead of time. Either way, you should call a ProSolutions professional as soon as a problem pops up. Waiting too long can result in extensive damages and costly repairs. If you notice any of the following signs in your home, call us today to schedule your service:
Signs You Have Hidden Leaks
- Mold or mildew. These are telltale signs that you have a leak hidden somewhere nearby. When water builds up, they can grow easily and rapidly. If you can see or smell mold or mildew, it’s already a problem! Not only can they result in costly repairs, they can cause breathing related illnesses to pop up in your home.
- Damaged walls. Paint, wallpaper, wood; damage can occur anywhere. Keep an eye out for any sagging or droopy spots, as well as discoloration.
- Warped walls and doors. Doors aren’t exempt when it comes to water damage. It may seem slight at first, but check your walls for any curved planks, uneven surfaces, or changes in color.
- Condensation. If your walls looks like they’re sweating, there may be a leak behind the wall. A “sweating” wall or condensation is usually the result of excessive moisture accumulating behind a wall.
- Damaged flooring. Leaks can linger and hide beneath your flooring. Keep an eye out for warped wood, stains, soft areas, loose or cracking tiles, peeling caulk, and damp carpet.
- Foundation problems. If you notice there are cracks in your garage floor, it could be due to an underground waterline leak. Broken pipes beneath your house can lead to soil erosion, causing parts of the house to settle at a lower level.
- Warm or damp floors. A damp floor can indicate a plumbing or foundation leak, but if your floors are both damp and warm, the problem may have to do with your water heater. Hot water leaks are another potential problem, and if your water heater isn’t the culprit, you may have a sewer line leak. Hot water leaks are especially problematic, as mold grows faster with hot water.
How ProSolutions Can Help Detect Leaks
Here at ProSolutions, we know that your plumbing can be tricky. In the past, plumbers would have to break through foundations, walls and ceilings to locate the leak and repair it. With modern technology however, we do not need to go on a damaging hunt for the leak; we are able to see through walls, ceilings and floors to find the leak. We use several different types of leak detection equipment including:
- Pipe Cameras
- Thermo Imaging Technology
- Air Testing
- Smoke Testing
If you suspect that you have a leak, don’t wait until it’s too late! Call ProSolutions today!