Water Pipe Repair Edmonton
Unfortunately, the pipes in your home or business are not meant to last forever. Corrosion, damage, tree roots and other factors can all lead to the breakdown of your pipes and the need for repair or replacement. This is not a job for amateurs and needs to be addressed by a licensed, bonded and insured plumber. We offer several different professional pipe repair options including:
- Repipe– In older homes, replacing the pipes may be the best solution. You may have pipes that have deteriorated, pipes that are too small for the current use or pipes that have materials no longer recommended for home use such as Poly-B piping or Clay drainage pipes.
- Water Line Pipe Repair– The water line in your home makes comfortable living possible. A loss of water pressure or visible signs of leaks needs to be addressed quickly. Water main lines need to be replaced if they are of an unapproved material, have extensive damage or are too small for your home.
- Frozen and Burst Pipes - Edmonton residents are no stranger to below freezing temperatures throughout the winter months. Quick and sudden drops in temperature combined with poor pipe insulation can result in frozen water pipes. Frozen pipes can easily burst and when that happens, severe damage could be done to your home.
Leaks in your plumbing can go unnoticed for some time if they are small. If you have a leak within your plumbing system, you may see a few signs of a problem; these include:
- Water Spots On Walls And Ceilings
- Weak Or Damp Ground In Your Yard
- Puddles Of Water On Floors Or In Cabinets
- Visible Water Dripping From Exposed Pipes
- Reduced Water Pressure
- Foul Or Mildew Smell
- Cracked Foundation
- Increased Water Bill
- You Hear The Sound Of Water When No Faucet Or Fixture Is On
The plumbing that runs through your home is often buried in foundations, sealed in walls and running through the ceiling, these are not areas where detecting a leak is a simple process. We use several different types of leak detection equipment including:
- Pipe Video Cameras
- Smoke Testing capsules & Machines
All of these methods help us locate the leak in your plumbing system without doing extensive damage to your property.
Benefits of Pipe Repair & Leak Detection
While you may be completely unaware that you have a leak or you are willing to soak up a little water puddle now and again, plumbing leaks can lead to extensive & expensive damage if ignored. Depending on where the leak is located in your home or business you could face a wide range of problems including:
- Structural Damage
- Complete Replacement Of Floors And Walls
- Furniture Damage
It is vital that you get your leaks looked at right away by one of our experienced plumbers to stop the damage the leak is causing.