Water in Edmonton Is considered “Hard” as it contains high concentrations of magnesium and calcium. This can lead to many problems with your plumbing system & appliances. As hard water scaling builds up in the system piping and appliances, the flow of water in your pipes can cause your water heater, washing machine and dishwasher to slow down and perform poorly.
If you are seeing soap scum on your hands, hair, sink and bathtub or your skin is dry and itchy – it may be the perfect time to solve that with a new, high-efficient water softener.
A new water softener helps you:
- Reduce the amount of soap, detergents & cleaners needed in your home
- Maintain proper plumbing fixtures appearance & function
- Help your appliances work more effectively & efficiently
- Help your drinking water taste better & smell better
- Decrease the symptom of dry and tight skin after showering
Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water
Reverse osmosis filtration is an all-natural water treatment process, an under the sink filtration system, stopping nearly every contaminant that tries to take a ride up your cold-water line.
First water passes through a sediment or carbon filter, which reduces sediment, dirt, and rust. The next filter is a dual-carbon filter, which reduces foul odor and taste, as well as chlorine, lead, and other metals. The third and most important filter in the process is the membrane. Water is forced through a membrane that has very small holes. Clean water passes through and impurities that are too big to pass through the membrane are left behind and flushed away. The purified water is collected in a holding tank and passes through a final carbon filter just before you drink it to polish the water for final odour & taste improvements. The water is accessed from a special faucet mounted on your sink. Reverse Osmosis units can also be customized so you can access the water from your fridge.
Benefits of a Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water System
- TASTE is the first noticeable benefit. With all the impurities and contaminants removed, there is nothing left but the clean, refreshing taste of pure water. Cooking with filtered water greatly improves the taste of food. Tea, coffee, and juices have more flavor.
- GOOD HEALTH is the greatest benefit – R/O filtration removes a wide range of contaminants such as: lead, copper, arsenic, cadmium, chlorine, giardia, pesticides, salt, trihalomethanes, sulfates, cysts, nitrates, bacteria, viruses, fluoride.
- SMELL of chlorine and seasonal “odours” that come up from our ground water are now controlled effectively.
- R/O systems use no electricity or chemicals.
- R/O systems are easier, more economical and environmentally friendlier than bottled water.
How to Sniff Out Poor Water Symptoms
Here are a few indicators of bad water:
- Suspicious smells – chlorine, musty, rotten egg, gasoline
- Suspicious taste – metallic, salty, acidic
- Suspicious appearance – rusty, cloudy, discoloration your porcelain or cookware
- Blackening and pitting of steel sink
- Unfortunately, many toxins are colorless and tasteless.