Think about how often you use your air conditioner during the summer. What if every time you switched it on, it lessened your air quality? If your AC isn’t running properly or efficiently, it can negatively impact the quality of the air throughout your home. Problems like this can go undetected until they escalate, so it’s important that you know the warning signals. Here are some signs that your AC may be affecting your air quality.
AC Problems That May Affect Your Air Quality
- Dirty filters. Your filter is responsible for removing impurities and debris from your air before its delivered throughout your home. Your air filter needs to be changed often, every few months is recommended. This is crucial during periods of extended use, like during summertime. When the filter becomes dirty and clogged with dust, hair, dander, pollen, or any other materials that find their way in, it can affect your air quality.
- Leaks. If your air conditioner is leaking any excess fluid or it has more condensation than usual, it may be harming your indoor air quality. Leftover liquids can leave you with mold or mildew growth. These spores can grow and spread at a rapid rate. If in or around your air system, they can easily be blown into your home.
- Issues with your Ducts. If your duct system is damaged, it’s possible for materials to build up inside. Your ducts deliver air through your vents, so whatever may be built up inside will be pumped out into your home.
- Loud noises and strange odors. These are signs that your system may be broken or running inefficiently. In an effort to prevent the problem from worsening, you should have a ProSolutions professional fix the problem.
- Old or inefficient equipment. Any system that is old, outdated, or running inefficiently has the potential to damage the air quality in your home. If your air conditioning system is out of date, you should always consider replacement. Newer technologies are more efficient and will help to keep the air in your home safe and breathable for years to come.
It may take a while for you to realize that your AC is negatively affecting your air quality. If you think that something may not be working right, it’s important that you call ProSolutions as soon as possible to figure out the problem. If the problem worsens, you and your loved ones may experience the following:
- Increase in respiratory illnesses
- Worsened asthma symptoms
- Increase in allergy symptoms
- Reduced lung function
Why You Need Professional Maintenance
In order to keep your HVAC systems running safely and efficiently, routine maintenance is absolutely necessary. Not only will it save you from expensive repairs down the line, it will help to protect against dangerously low air quality. A tune-up allows for an in depth look at your cooling system for maximum efficiency. A ProSolutions tune-up covers the following:
- Thermostat 3 point check and calibration
- Blower 4 point check and cleaning
- Motor 7 point check and lube
- New filter as required
- Check evaporator coil
- Check and clean condensate
- Check, clean and lubricate outdoor condenser
- Refrigeration lines inspection
- Test refrigerant charge
- Check compressor operation
To schedule your AC tune-up, call ProSolutions today!