8 Common Furnace Problems A Furnace Repair Can Fix
A furnace repair is more important than ever at this time of year, especially with the weather growing colder by the day. Even just a few small repairs can extend the lifespan of your furnace, ensuring you have a steady flow of heat in your home for the months ahead. Unfortunately, some homeowners wait until it is far too late for service, leaving you much worse for wear throughout the season. What they don’t realize is that the smallest furnace issues can grow into something much worse over time. They may not appear concerning at first but in quick fashion, they become the reason you’re paying high costs on bills and replacing your furnace much sooner than expected. Before you make a considerable dent in your savings, you need to know what can go wrong with your furnace right before the coldest weather of the year settles in. Like the old saying goes, knowledge is power. Once you brush up on the ins and outs of your heating system, you will be able to communicate problems to a heating contractor once you call for heating service, ensuring you get the repairs just right for you.
Why Should You Call ProSolutions?
If you are looking for high-quality heating service, look no further than ProSolutions. We are Edmonton’s leading service company for any and all heating repairs, complete with a team of fully-trained, licensed contractors who dedicate themselves to customer service. With our help, you will be able to enjoy this fall and winter so much more knowing you have reliable heating in your home. You will no longer have to worry about having a furnace that is constantly breaking down and leaving you stuck in the cold. Our repairs even work to eliminate any safety hazards like the risk of home heating fires and carbon monoxide exposure. Plus, the money savings will be spectacular. You will see lower costs on your energy bills and, since our repairs are durable, you will also lower repair costs. Greater cost and energy efficiency will result in a greater peace of mind, especially when you have a reliable heating system keeping your family comfortable.
8 Common Furnace Problems
So, how do you know when the time is right to call us for service? Please take note of these 8 warning signs when you suspect the time of repairs is approaching:
- Frequent Furnace Cycling: Are you noticing your furnace turning off and on? Frequent cycling over and over again while in the off/on transition could mean your furnace is dealing with clogged filters, poor airflow or improper thermostat modes. Call ProSolutions as soon as possible to fix any of these situations.
- Dirty Furnace Filters: Dirty furnace filters can block airflow and force your furnace to work even harder, resulting in increased energy consumption. Fortunately, our contractors make cleaning and replacing filters a required part of their furnace tune-up. You can also do your share by replacing them once a month during the fall and winter.
- No Heat: Do not immediately panic if your furnace is not producing heating. It may just indicate that your circuit breaker is tripping and you should check the fuse. Resetting the circuit breaker proves a common solution to this problem but if it doesn’t work, you should call us immediately for service.
- High Heating Costs: Are you noticing the costs of your heating bills skyrocketing inexplicably? Then it’s time to give your furnace a look. A malfunctioning furnace will expend more energy trying to produce heat, which means costs on heating will easily double. Call for a tune-up from one of our contractors before this problem worsens.
- Yellow Pilot Light: Always check the color of your furnace’s pilot light. If it is yellow, it means you have carbon monoxide in the system that may leak out of your heating system. Any color other than blue should be meant for concern, as it could indicate a problem with the combustion blocked furnace components.
- Ignition Failure: Is should be concerning if the furnace is not running when you switch it on. The problem may have something to do with the ignition, which is responsible for sparking the heat. Its failure will cause the furnace to not percolate correctly, but a quick repair from our contractors should be able to fix this.
- Extensive Physical Damage: Do not pass up any minor dents or cracks in your furnace, as it will only worsen with time. Soon enough, the damage will begin to negatively impact your furnace’s performance. You should call for furnace repair altogether to keep it from getting worse.
- Thermostat Problems: A faulty thermostat is often due to the homeowner not checking it enough, resulting in hot and cold spots around the house. This can throw off our home’s climate and make for an uncomfortable atmosphere. Talk to one of our contractors about proper thermostat calibration and how to ensure you have a temperature keeping you comfortable.
Don’t Get Caught In The Cold This Fall – Schedule Your Furnace Repair Today
Contact ProSolutions if you want to stay warm and comfortable this season with our high-quality furnace repair!